The Hill family
The Hill family were all Stratton chapel members and were the backbone of the church and were heavily involved in being local preachers, choirmasters, Sunday School teachers, running the tennis courts, scripture exams and Doris and Louisa were long serving organists. Thanks to Christopher Hill we have the summarised Hill family tree.
Edward Hill (1848-1921) married Jane Iles (1849 - 1929)
- William Henry Hill (1870-1949) married Lucy Phillips (1867-1955)
- Bramwell Hill (1897-1963) married Norah Barnes
- Howard Hill (1899 - 1992)
- Frances Hill (1901-1996)
- Muriel Hill (1903-1989) married Tom Barnes (1903-1991)
- Wycliffe Hill (1905-1974) married Birdie Phillips (1898-1974)
- John Hill
- Ewart Hill (1908-1982) married Doris Hill (1913-2012)
- Berkeley Hill
- Christopher Hill
- Louisa Hill (1881-1961) married William George Miller (1890-1949)
- Six other children - Caroline, Edward, Elizabeth, Eliza, Frank and Fred
W Bramwell Hill, Christened at Lower Stratton Methodist, grew up and became Junior Circuit Steward. He was in great demand as a preacher, and as a writer has won Connexional recognition. He was married to Nora Barnes. More information here
William Hill is on the second from the right, back row, clutching his bible.
William Henry Hill and Lucy Hill's Golden Wedding celebration in 1946
Held at Lower Stratton's Methodist Schoolroom - complete with tram seat benches.
Mrs Louisa Miller (Nee Hill) - organist and much more!
Howard Hill, 1986